There are various ways that employers can utilize to increase the levels of employee engagement. However, certain factors at the end of the employees also impact the overall interaction they have in the workspace. The engagement of an employee reflects the mental and emotional connection they feel to the structure of the company. It can enhance the performance of the company if handled well.
2018 Employee Engagement Trends, a study carried out by Quantum aims at finding out the significant motivators that lead to an increase in the levels of employee engagement. The report takes into account surveys from 50 places of work in the US. It studies the responses of roughly 600,000 employees, spread out across 8000 organizations.
The Catalysts in Employee Engagement
The five major motivational factors according to the employees regarding the highest favorability factors are:
- The employee believes the organization has the potential to become more successful in the future. Everyone wishes to be associated with a company that keeps raising the bar and exceeding their own limits.
Employees need to have a certain degree of faith in the vision and mission of the company to engage better. If the company can prove to its employees that they are actively working towards successful operation, it helps with employee engagement and retaining them.
- Everyone is given an equal footing in the workspace despite their gender, race, class, sexual orientation, ethnic background, or disability. Each employee deserves to be treated fairly and indiscriminately.
A company that does not distinguish amongst its employees on the basis of factors mentioned above witnesses an increase in the rate of employee engagement. Employees deserve an environment that is unbiased and treats all equally. One of the important motives of the company should be to provide an equal platform to all of its employees to express.
- Employees should feel proud to be working in the company. They should be happy to be associated with the company. This can only happen when a stress-free environment is provided to the employees.
- The people in the immediate sphere of the employee are thoroughly dedicated to producing work that is of the best quality. Good work can influence the employee to work better and harder. It allows the employee to feel they are the part of something bigger than just ordinary day-to-day routine, which can push them to surpass their limits.
On the other hand, if others on the team are slacking off, the employee might feel an undue burden of being responsible for the performance of the whole team.
- The immediate manager should care about the employees’ professional and mental health. This implies that not only should the manager interact with the employee to help them grow professionally but also set precedence wherein the work-environment is free from undue stress. The immediate manager is a representation of the authority of the company, so their actions reflect the attitude of the company towards the employees. A good manager is a blessing in disguise.
The Least Favorable Factors among Employees
On the other end of the rainbow, several factors are the least favorable among the employees. Read about them in the following lines:
<< back to Content
- Change can be tough for anyone to understand. A company that is constantly changing its modes of operation is unfavorable for the employee. Most employees do not wish to work in an environment that is unstable or undergoes unnecessary reformations.
- The payment scale, though a necessary motivation, is not the chief factor that governs the engagement of the employee. While an employee may stick it out for some time, they will not tolerate the job for long if they aren’t satisfied with it.